22) Element A has an electronegativity of 0.8 and also element B has actually an electronegativity of 3.0. Which statement ideal defines the bonding in A3B?
A) The AB bond is mostly covalent through a δ- on A.
You are watching: A chlorine atom in cl2 should have a
B) The AB bond is mostly covalent via a δ+ on A.
C) The compound is mainly ionic via A as the cation.
D) The compound is mostly ionic with A as the anion.
23) Based on the suggested electronegativities, arrange the adhering to in order of boosting ionic character: CsBr, LaBr3, PBr3, MgBr2.
A) CsBr, LaBr3, MgBr2, PBr3
B) CsBr, MgBr2, PBr3, LaBr3
C) PBr3, LaBr3, MgBr2, CsBr
D) PBr3, MgBr2, LaBr3, CsBr
24) The electronegativities for the aspects differ from 0.7 for cesium to 4.0 for fluorine. The electronegativity for iodine is 2.5. Based totally on the general guidelines for electronegativities and bond character,
A) binary compounds with iodine should all be polar covalent via a δ- on I.
B) binary compounds through iodine should all be polar covalent with a δ+ on I.
C) compounds with iodine might be ionic, polar covalent, or nonpolar covalent.
D) no binary compounds with iodine must be considerably ionic.
25) Arrange the complying with in order of increasing ionic character: Al2S3, MgS, Na2S, P4S3, S8.
A) MgS, Na2S, Al2S3, P4S3, S8
B) Na2S, MgS, Al2S3, P4S3, S8
C) S8, P4S3, Al2S3, MgS, Na2S
D) S8, P4S3, Al2S3, Na2S, MgS
26) The formula for dinitrogen trioxide is
27) The compound, NO2, is named
C) nitrogen dioxide.
D) nitrogen(IV) oxide.
28) A::A represents
A) a dual bond.
B) a quadruple bond.
C) one lone pair of electrons.
D) two lone pairs of electrons.
See more: How Did Queen Latifah Brother Died, Queen Latifah Talks About Her Brother'S Death
29) The nitrogen-nitrogen bond in :N
30) A coordinate covalent bond may be developed when
A) the main atom donates both electrons in developing a single bond
B) the main atom donates a pair of electrons and the terminal atom donates a pair of electrons to from a twin bond.